Professional equipment is not allowed in malls?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
DWMurf
Contributing MemberPosts: 970Gear list
Like?
Re: Professional equipment is not allowed in malls?
In reply to SomebodyFamous, 6 months ago

SomebodyFamous wrote:

I think the difference is that people do comparison shopping on Amazon and snap pictures of products or scan barcodes so that they can identify them and check prices.

Where I work, we used to stop people from taking any form of photo but now we just don't unless they're using a camera or video camera in which case we do stop them. If it's a cellphone we don't. that seems to have become the acceptable standard. I wonder how the Sony remote lens would work like that. I can imagine a load of voyeurs using them.

-- hide signature --

I take photos for my own pleasure. I write books for my own pleasure too. If people buy them then fine. If not then I don't really care. The fun was in writing them. Income is just icing on top of the cake.

I've done that myself, snap pictures of products and prices for major purchases that I was shopping around for, not necessarily for price comparison but for making the product selection. I used either a cellphone or pocket camera and never go stopped. It was easier than writing down all the information on paper.

-- hide signature --

David

DWMurf's gear list:DWMurf's gear list
Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Utltimate Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 UMC Aspherical Fisheye +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow