Started Oct 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,468Gear list
Like?
Re: Who will buy the Sony A7/A7r?
In reply to spacemn, Oct 10, 2013

spacemn wrote:

sean lancaster wrote:

I read today that AF speed is better than the RX1, but not as good as some other mirrorless. I'll wait and see. Plus, I need a fast 35 (prefer f/1.4, but 2 if necessary) as this is the lens I use 97% of the time on my Canon 6D. So I'll likely wait a while, but I am intrigued.

There was also a SR4 or 5 rumour about a ned LA-EA4(?) adapter. It could be the full frame version of the EA2. In that case a pairing with the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 OS USM or 35mm f/1.4 would make a pro like setup with DSLR fast PDAF and stabilization in the zoom.

I really use a Sigma 35 and a Canon 100L 2.8 Macro as the only two lenses I need. I enjoy macro, but I could go manual focus for that using legacy glass. But I'd want AF for portraits. And, the SAL135F18Z 135mm f/1.8 is appealing using that adapter, I suppose. I am not sure I'd enjoy my big Sigma 35 on an adapter and then attached to the tiny A7r, but I suppose it would be a bit lighter than my 6D, so there's that. Hmmm.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WANew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow