Who will buy the Sony A7/A7r?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,313Gear list
Like?
Re: Who will buy the Sony A7/A7r?
In reply to spacemn, 11 months ago

Hi,

Lurking here to watch the rumors evolve......hopefully into reality.  However, I wouldn't pay a premium price for any camera based on specs.  I need to see it in hand and read some tests of its performance.  The retail price in Australia is also critical to me - we often have to pay a painful premium over US prices.  If the premium is too high, then it's stick with APSC for a while......

This is a new system.  The lenses are part of the package.  The 35mm may well interest me, but I would really want a small, high grade 24mm as well and none has been tipped.  I'm not so sure about getting 24mm via the Zeiss zoom unless it really is stellar.  And if not, that leaves RF and DSLR 24mm primes, and we don't yet know how either type of lens will perform on the new sensor.  This will be critical information from early owners.

Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WANew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow