Professional equipment is not allowed in malls?

Started Oct 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
DWMurf
Senior MemberPosts: 1,027Gear list
Like?
Re: Professional equipment is not allowed in malls?
In reply to LeoGotCamera, Oct 10, 2013

I've been stopped twice from taking pictures using a compact NEX camera, no flash, no tripod. The first time was in a shopping mall where I was told by two security guards together that I needed to get permission from management. The second time was in a supermarket where I was stopped by the manager who told me I had to get permission from corporate management.

Both times I was just passing the time while waiting for my family to finish shopping which is what I explained in each case. As surprising as it was to me, I realized that I am on privately owned property and they can set their own rules, so I respectfully responded and shut off my camera.

But I don't know the reasoning behind their concerns in my case. I image that someone watching the security cameras spotted me in each case and automatically responded according to the company policy.

Of course with the prevalence of smartphones these days, it would be impossible to enforce their rules completely.

-- hide signature --

David

DWMurf's gear list:DWMurf's gear list
Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Utltimate Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 UMC Aspherical Fisheye +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow