ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hstubc
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
URGENT HELP NEEDED! Lightroom 5.2 runs slow on my new PC
Oct 10, 2013

Hello everyone!

Thank you for the time you devote to reading this! I'm very grateful!

Few months ago, I decided to connect my laptop to a Full HD monitor so that I hopefully can have a better resolution when editing the photos. I bought the monitor but BAM! It was all lagy and I realized that my laptop is not good enough to run things smoothly (although it can do it at it's native resolution perfectly 720p) So, as a student, I started investing money to buy a computer case and use it with the monitor that I had already bought for no reason!

So, I assembled my new PC recently and I put (relatively) decent hardware on it but I still have the same problem

Here is the specs of my PC:

Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

Ram: 8GB DDR3 1600

CPU: AMD FX-8320 8 Core 3.5 Ghz

MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 LE R2.0 (Socket 942)

Graphics Card: 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (Gigabyte)

Hard Drive: 500GB Western Digital SATA 3

Here is the video of my computer lagging:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtaKV1wH9pY

I know some of you might say it's not SSD so it's slow but I don't believe that my hard drive is causing an issue. My friend's laptop which has lower specs than mine (a 2.5 hard drive) + weaker graphics card +weaker CPU (but Intel i7) performs much better and it's much smoother during the cropping and change of exposure.

What do you think is the problem? Is it the damn AMD cpu that is causing this or is it damn! Lightroom?

I really need you help with this because if I cannot fix this issue, I have to return the PC and get refunded because it will have no use for me.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow