Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HawkTx
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
Sony Nex 3N or Olympus PEN E-PM2
9 months ago

So at the moment i'm pretty 'sold' on getting one of these small ILC systems.  I know many say that m43 has more lenses etc, but for the moment i'm just comparing these 2 cameras with their included kit lenses.  I won't be able to buy anything else for a while after my initial purchase.

I have small kids so i need quick and accurate AF as well as short shot to shot times.  I'm not as concerned about taking 'action' shots with kids running/sports...if that was my primary focus I'd get an SLR.  This is going to be my 'everywhere' camera so I'm looking for something flexible, but I want to be able to take several shots quickly to hopefully catch the moments when 'everyone" is looking.

I had been looking at the NEX5R but i can't afford the $200 price difference.  Since 3N doesn't have PDAF i'm now left concerned about going with the NEX.  The ONLY other contender i'm considering is the Oly E-PM2.

What are your thoughts between these 2...it seems pretty close?  Again I don't really 'care' about the other lenses as there's enough options for both for my needs later.  I'm just concerned about the kit lenses in this comparison.

HawkTx's gear list:HawkTx's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 +1 more
ANSWER:
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow