Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
Boot Camp startup question
9 months ago

Another Boot Camp question, although different from my last one.

I have Boot Camp installed on my rMBP and want to be able to control what OS boots when I do a restart. I know I can use the Option key to pick the OS when I reboot but I want to do this before I restart.

I know how to do this when running Windows. There is a nice Boot Camp icon and I can just choose to boot to OS X.

And I know what the Apple website told me to do to set up the default boot OS. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner, select System Preferences and, in the System section click on Startup Disk. Then select the boot OS from the list displayed. Unfortunately the only boot OS displayed is OS X so I cannot choose Windows this way and I am left with having to wait for the boot to proceed and then interrupt it with the Option key.

So, if I am in OS X and want to restart in Windows, but am waiting for something to complete before the restart and don't want to sit around, how do I tell OS X and Boot Camp before the restart that I want it to boot Windows?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow