I never thought I would miss Jimmy Carter...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
sensibill
Senior MemberPosts: 4,342Gear list
Like?
Re: How would I deal with the tea party?
In reply to TrapperJohn, 11 months ago

TrapperJohn wrote:

First off, I do not approve of what the tea party has done. I do understand how they came to be, though. You cannot solve a problem until you first understand the root cause.

Not sure you do understand how they came to be. It wasn't 'grassroots' or anything of the sort. It was the Koch Bros.

This is from Wikipedia. Not MSNBC or Huffingtonpost - Wikipedia:

In an August 30, 2010, article in The New Yorker, Jane Mayer said that the billionaire brothers David H. Koch and Charles G. Koch and Koch Industries are providing financial and organizational support to the Tea Party movement through Americans for Prosperity, which David founded. The AFP's "Hot Air Tour" was organized to fight against taxes on carbon use and the activation of a cap and tradeprogram. In 1984, David Koch also founded Citizens for a Sound Economy, part of which became FreedomWorks in a 2004 split, another group that organized and supports the movement. Koch Industries issued a press release stating that the Kochs have "no ties to and have never given money to FreedomWorks". Former ambassador Christopher Meyer wrote in the Daily Mail that the Tea Party movement is a mix of "grassroots populism, professional conservative politics, and big money", the last supplied in part by the Kochs. Mayer says that the Koch brothers' political involvement with the Tea Party has been so secretive that she labels it "covert".

The tea party represents a substantial minority of voters. Not half the nation, maybe 1/3 the nation, but that's still a huge bloc of voters. And those suckers vote. They may not do a lot of things right, but they definitely vote.

The Tea Party represents (Koch) corporate interests such as Big Insurance, Pharma and Banks, first and foremost. They assume a veneer of 'patriots fighting to take back America' with the thinly veiled message addendum 'from the black guy and all his minority constituents'. This kind of race and class warfare and fear has been the staple of elites manipulating politics for hundreds of years just in the USA alone.

Just one example of their true purpose: The fact that the TP baggers claim to be populist patriots flies in the face of their total opposition to unions, wouldn't you say?

sensibill's gear list:sensibill's gear list
Sony SLT-A57
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
:-)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow