I never thought I would miss Jimmy Carter...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
sensibill
Senior MemberPosts: 4,342Gear list
Like?
Re: I never thought I would miss Jimmy Carter...
In reply to rb59020, 10 months ago

rb59020 wrote:

Huffingto Post

"Former President Jimmy Carter said Monday that if he were back in the White House, he would work with Republicans and Democrats to secure more funding for affordable housing and urge more flexibility in resolving differences involving the critical issue."

"I would work as harmoniously as I could with other members of the Congress, and with both Democrats and Republicans, to figure out how we can face a time of great deficits."

Not exactly from the Obama playbook.

You're right, but not in the way you think. Obama has probably caved more to Republican demands (including this budget that Boehner won't allow his fellow GOP to vote on) than Carter ever would.

Meanwhile, 'working with the other side' is nowadays the opposite of the current Republican strategy. What do we have now, 42 attempts to vote down Obamacare, every one of those 100% doomed to failure? How many jobs bills and housing assistance measures have they helped get passed? Hmm. Filibuster, anyone? Tantrums, performing to banker lobby demands, lying constantly and fellating the corporate elites. That's what Repubs are doing these days.

If you asked Jimmy Carter if he wasn't more like a 'sensible cooperative Republican than an obstructionist dictator like Obama', he'd probably kick you in the balls.

sensibill's gear list:sensibill's gear list
Sony SLT-A57
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
:-)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow