X-E2: Is it enough of an upgrade for you?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,410Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E2: Is it enough of an upgrade for you?
In reply to marco1974, 10 months ago

marco1974 wrote:

TThorne wrote:

dotborg wrote:

So far the rumors seem to be pretty lackluster.

I'd love to see more exposure bracketing options.

I personally don't care about that. I've never used bracketing (or HDR) with any camera.

Bracketing can be very useful, even if you are not shooting HDR/Fusion. When/if you reach a point that it becomes useful, you'll be glad to have it implemented well.

Minimum SS in auto ISO as well since it seems they will NEVER do it on the XE1/XP1.

Now, THIS would be useful to me too (still hope the bring it to the XE1 with a new firmware, though)

Well, I don't have my XP1 or XE1 anymore, but I agree. Users of those cameras have been asking for a long time, and it is such a reasonable request.

Those would make a difference to me. Of course I would be all over a bayer option, but I don't think we will see that for a while.

Bayer is inferior to X-trans for me, as it either requires an AA filter (less detail) or causes moiré (ugly as hell to me). YMMV

Myth.

I am not really sure the split image focusing will be too valuable.

Not sure either. I like peaking more.

Yes, thanks, thats actually what I meant. Peaking is much more useful. I tried for a while to use split image on the X100S. It works just fine, but not as well as peaking.

We may see the multi color peaking rolled out on the XE2 before they implement it via FW on the older models. That would make a difference.

Possibly, not sure. I find funky colours distracting. White has worked nicely for me till now.

They can be distracting, but there are occasions where white is difficult to see. I have tried this with Sony cameras and the colors come in handy from time to time. The peaking on my Leica M 240 is red, and it works great, but the peaking lines are kept somewhat thin, which I think is their way of keeping them from becoming distracting.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

TThorne's gear list:TThorne's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow