What does the Sony SLR community think of the Pentax K3? Locked

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
moimoi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,701Gear list
What does the Sony SLR community think of the Pentax K3?
9 months ago

Hello Sony SLR community,

Alright, I am not sure about you, but I found the new Pentax K3 to be very appealing. At least on the paper, it is the best APS-C camera.

It has (almost) everything to dream of, good MP count, built-in IS sensor (newer generation), no AA filter, but with revolutionary technology mimicking the AA filter while shooting subjects prone to Moire (e.g., clothing), new AF system (with 25 crossed-type points), superb ergonomics, focus peaking, 8.3 fps with good buffer (23 images in raw, which is not too shabby), etc.

Not sure what to think since I am a Sony shooter (a850/a900), but I would certainly show some interest in getting one, specially with the 18-35 mm f/1.8 from Sigma, it should be a killer combo.

I checked the full resolution samples posted from the Pentax website, and samples #3 and #4 are quite impressive, plenty of details to play with. I think it is on par with what I see with my Sony a900.

Personally, I think this was the route Sony should have kept pursuing rather than choosing the SLT route, but this should possibly be concerned with another debate.

Anyway, I would be interested in knowing what the Sony SLR community has to say about this upcoming release.

Thanks for your comments/insights.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Moimoi

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow