Wow...Paul Ryan said something intelligent!

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,937
Like?
I wouldn't trust it...
In reply to Lee Jay, 11 months ago

Why is he saying it to the public and not to his colleagues?  Why isn't he campaigning and lobbying against the current Republican extortion attempt.  Sounds to me he is just speaking to his voters after all he isn't VP yet.

ljfinger wrote:

"This isn't a grand bargain. For that, we need a complete rethinking of government's approach to helping the most vulnerable, and a complete rethinking of government's approach to health care. But right now, we need to find common ground. We need to open the federal government. We need to pay our bills today—and make sure we can pay our bills tomorrow. So let's negotiate an agreement to make modest reforms to entitlement programs and the tax code."

Incredible! Another Republican that gets it! And his party's nominee for VP no less!

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow