First field experience with NEX 5R

Started 10 months ago | Photos thread
eeran
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
Re: First field experience with NEX 5R
In reply to steelydom, 10 months ago

As a new NEX user and having returned from my first trip with my 5R last week, I discovered I'm in the same boat with Aperture and lens correction (I ended up getting LR5 for the convenience) but this comment is actually quite unfair on Sony - speaking as an amateur, I'd much prefer a compact, cheap and very usable lens (via correction) than something larger and more expensive (and I own the SEL35f18 so I don't mind spending money when I need to).

If anyone is to blame for the lack of lens correction in Aperture, its Apple - despite having excellent DAM features, they've fallen behind in editing features and despite updates, no one is really sure if Aperture 4 will happen.

Well, as a mac user, Aperture is very convenient, its built-in in the entire system, and I like the photo management (1 library file to backup, nothing else to deal with)

Im an amateur in PP, so just highlights/shadows, small touch ups and some exposures/colors/WB fixes, I dont need more than aperture has to offer.

but I guess time will say if library management is more important for me than lens correction.

eeran's gear list:eeran's gear list
NEX5R Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Apple Aperture
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow