I never thought I would miss Jimmy Carter...

Started Oct 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
RobertSigmund
Forum ProPosts: 10,750Gear list
Like?
Re: That's two for two
In reply to vadimraskin, Oct 10, 2013

vadimraskin wrote:

TrapperJohn wrote:

Obama has now made Jimmy Carter look good, along with Vladimir Putin. He needs to go into the PR business. He could make some serious money - Disgraced Leader Rehab, Inc.

Carter had his faults, but he was politically astute enough not to antagonize the other side. So was Clinton, so was Reagan, and all faced opposing majorities in congress. They knew what would happen if they angered the opposition by completely disregarding them. I have no sympathy for Obama on the tp situation - he got them elected, so he gets to live with them.

I respect Obama's ideals as well worth living up to, but his bull in the china shop approach to politics has been nothing short of a train wreck. Can't remember when we had a president who so derided the opposing party - even Carter was a gentleman, and understood that he represented all citizens, not just the ones that voted for him.

If nothing else, the Obama years have given me some respect for professional politicians of any party. I never realized how difficult it was to do the job right - how to get things accomplished with a fractious congress, and not tick off half the nation in the process.

Obama has added at least one more chapter to PolySci 101 textbooks around the world - what happens when you ignore basic political reality.

How would you propose to deal with a Party that openly proclaimed its prime goal to "Make Obama a one term president" immediately after his election? GOP has become a Party of NO and did not propose any serious steps to reform healthcare, debt and economy? How would you deal with a Party that seemingly cheering every economic trouble and denying even a chance of the recovery? How would you deal with the Party that is bent on creating one crisis after another and destabilizing economy?

In fact: if there is a reproach against Obama then it is that he was much too patient with the madhouse right wingers. This hostage taking about the health reform, however, even Obama cannot tolerate any more. He can't give in and he won't give in. The blame is with the right wing zealots, and the GOP will pay an expensive prize for their behaviour.

RobertSigmund's gear list:RobertSigmund's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
:-)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow