X-E2: Is it enough of an upgrade for you?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,168Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E2: Is it enough of an upgrade for you?
In reply to marco1974, 10 months ago

marco1974 wrote:

Rod McD wrote:

I'm still a DSLR user interested in smaller kit for landscape, travel and hiking, and I'm not invested in any mirror-less lenses yet.

That runs a bit counter to your interest in "smaller kit", as adapted DSLR lenses are typically bulkier than native XF ones...

I didn't mention adapted DSLR lenses, I just described what I'm currently using (which happens to be mostly small primes).  I'd probably buy the 18-55 for travel if I do buy an XE2.  I may use adapted DSLR glass as well.

FWIW,  primes up to about 100mm are often about the same size as mirror-less lenses and some are smaller.  There are huge numbers of primes out there (MF and AF) that have filter sizes of 46, 49 & 52mm - hardly large.  I acknowledge that fast zooms and longer teles for DSLRs are larger but I don't plan to use them on a mirror-less camera - I'll keep my DSLR for that.  To me, and for me, large and fast zoom lenses seem to defeat the purpose of going mirror-less, but it's absolutely each to his own.

Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow