D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Nikonfan99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?
Re: A message from Nicholas at copper hill images
In reply to TOF guy, 9 months ago

No problem. I sent him the email because I did not want to speak for him.

I have gotten a lot of help from Nicholas. He always went out of his way to give me great advice and responds to emails quickly. I would rather give my money to a person that takes the time to write me an email with detailed answers and direction instead of a corporate call center rep that is faceless.

I absolutely agree with you about risk. The moment you take the camera out of the bag it is exposed to risk. You can drop a lens, drop your camera, have a strap fail, have a person spill a drink on your equipment, have a lens mount bend because of a heavy lens that is not supported correctly, scratch a lens when cleaning it and the list goes on and on. Common sense and skill level always come into play. You are responsible for following the directions and using the right tools. I use a 7x sensor loupe and scrutinize the sensor before touching it. I take proper time to blow off the sensor before using a swab. I inspect the sensor before making a pass. I never reuse a swab or make multiple passes with the same swab. Basically I take proper care and use common sense. I clean my own sensor because I know that a tech at nikon is not going to invest the time I do to get it the way that I want it and also it is not his gear. How many photos have we seen after a sensor was supposedly cleaned by Nikon? Hint they don’t always come back clean. Every day that my camera is out of service is a possible day of lost revenue so down time is not an option for me. I have the confidence at this point that I can deal with a last minute cleaning myself and not have to pay $45 and wait a week or more.

Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow