E-P5 and "shtter Shock"

Started Oct 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,166Gear list
Like?
Re: This whole thread is making me glad I bought the EPM2.
In reply to Timbukto, Oct 10, 2013

Timbukto wrote:

herebefore wrote:

Yes, I can "force" the EPM2 to give me what looks like shutter-shock, but it is mostly accomplished by having the IS turned on when I dont need it.

Its sounding to me like there might be a "design flaw" causing the blurred images.

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Connecticut
Be Careful, sleep can be a symptom of caffeine deprivation
I figured out why I cant lose weight! The only exercise Im good at is CHEWING
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does
In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.
Oscar Wilde

E-PM2 has it as well, but never so bad that it could possibly mess up a 35mm equivalent shot (i.e. the 17mm). Also you are correct once I turn off IBIS, and firmly support the bottom of the camera (and not just left hand on the lens), I can basically fire 8fps of decent shots where the throwaways are usually my fault or too slow shutter, etc.

I've only tested as far as my 45mm, my 45-150 I truly get mixed results sometimes and will need to play with it some more and see if its also a better when IBIS is off lens. Another interesting thing is I am able to specify the focal length on my IBIS...but I thought that should have been automatic for native lenses...but maybe I'm missing something.

How do you feel about anti-shock? Sometimes I feel it can give me the sharpest pictures...and sometimes I feel that shooting 8 fps with firm support is just as good...

It's this kind of shooting where the Nikon 1 shows it's superiority.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow