Started Oct 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
legomyego
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
EP5? EM1?in the process of deciding on a new camera...EM5? GX7? OR
Oct 10, 2013

I currently have the g5 which I picked up for pretty cheap a couple months ago. I have been using the kit lens, but have since bought sigma's 19mm- since I aim to have a collection of primes I have decided to get a camera with IBIS but video is also a priority. (though image quality is the biggest priority) EM1 is said to have improved image stabilization over the EP5, and if there was no question of money then I would definitely get the EM1 however it's a big investment. The EP5 recently showed up on craigslist for $750 and now a little torn. EP5 wasn't really in my top 3 compared to the gx7/em5/em1...but it is a pretty good deal for now but this will likely be the price in a month or more. Has anyone handled the EP5 and felt it was very comfortable? Seems as if it might be well suited for one hand use but DPReview said that it had some problems due to the handle of this camera making pictures slightly blurry. Not sure I like the square body and the lack of a viewfinder is a hard pill to swallow. Will the EM1 deliver a large IQ boost compared to the EP5 or will the difference be hard to tell? And is the video on the EP5 really bad enough to persuade someone not to buy it? Is $750 a good enough deal to make it a steal?

EM5 has already begun to drop in price...

GX7 is newer and has a newer sensor+the IS (though I don't know how good it is- no review from DPreview)

How long until Olympus comes out with newer models incorporating the new sensor?

Sorry bit of a ramble but i'm just a little at a loss for which to choose...I don't have any camera stores near me to hold/try them out =/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow