ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ImIdaho
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Best Walkaround prime?
10 months ago

Hey Guys,

I'm jumping off the dslr bus and selling all of my nikon gear to fund the jump.  I've ordered an EM1, which will hopefully arrive within the next week or so.  I also ordered the 12-40 as my walk around. However, I'm not going to wait for the 12-40 to show up before I start playing with my new toy.  I've done a lot of research, and it seems that the best options for a walkaround prime are the 17mm, and 25 1.4.  I was just wondering what people thought about those two?  If you had to choose one, which would it be and why?  Is that .8 of an F stop worth the extra cash?  Does anyone wish they had the dof equivalence of 2.8 instead of 3.6?  I'm kind of leaning towards a 35mm FOV over a 50mm, but still on the fence and would love some compelling arguments either way.  I don't really think I have a particular photography style I'd choose as my top strength. I like to shoot whatever i'm in the mood for.  Thoughts DPR Nation?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow