Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Winder
Senior MemberPosts: 1,309Gear list
Like?
Re: Nearly Opposite Reactions to the Latest News - Nikon vs Pentax
In reply to Wheatfield, 11 months ago

Wheatfield wrote:

Winder wrote:

Pentax has done a very good job with the K-3. I am looking forward to the reviews and tests.

I just wish Pentax had released a new higher end lens to go with its flagship body. Even if it was a DA* 55mm F/1.4 with new HD coatings and a faster SDM-II lens motor. Or they could have released new FA LTD glass with the HD coating like they did with the DA LTD line.

A 35/1.4 or faster lens would be nice. It's quite inexplicable that they haven't released a fast standard lens for their APS-C cameras. It's only been 10 years now....

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

Yes.  I hope they are watching Fuji and taking notes.  The new 14mm F/2.8 and 23mm F/1.4 are fantastic lenses that are really needed in the Pentax line-up.  The current DA 14mm is not a very impressive lens and the DA 21mm while decent for the price, doesn't fill the need.

I hope Pentax has big plans.

-- hide signature --

Contax 645, Canon 5D (sold), Olympus E-3 (sold), Playing with a K-7 and K-5

Winder's gear list:Winder's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow