D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Nikonfan99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?
Re: and no one ever really walked on the moon..
In reply to Alan Brown, 9 months ago

I saw it as some kind of personality trait or just trying to cause drama. I reposted his previous comments about d600/d800 users that he made on another thread. Basically he was making fun of the users on these forums and the issues they have. He basically does not own the camera but wants to cause drama for some unknown reason.

As of today, Thom Hogan wrote an article about the issue specific to the D600. I will save you the reading and here is what he had to say about wet cleaning:

“It is normal for all modern DSLRs with fast shutters to sometimes throw a bit of lubricant towards the sensor, so seeing a couple of such spots, especially early in the life of a camera, isn't something to get too concerned about. Yes, it needs a special wet cleaning (typically I use Visible Dust's Smear Away fluid, let the sensor completely dry out, then clean again with a regular wet cleaning fluid). I believe every sophisticated DSLR user has to be ready to do a wet cleaning from time to time, as we want lubricated shutters that perform well for their lifetime. Small price to pay to sometimes have to do a wet clean.”

Oh my god another person (pro may I add) saying or suggesting wet cleaning a camera. I guess he is also not at the same mental capacity as our friend mark. I guess mark has the eye of a problem solver…wait he is not looking to solve anything but question people’s intelligence and skills.

May I also add one thing. Mark, since you are a stats and facts kind of guy, You say that it is not safe and should never be done. every sample I gave you says you are wrong.

Post FACTUAL proof that cleaning a sensor using the products from visible dust, copper hill images and photograhic solutions, has been proven to damage a sensor. We need hard stats from you. Yes you bring the facts. The people here, the professionals I listed and the companies I listed dont know anything so please grace us with FACTS our dear lord of the facts.

Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow