Disappointed with Olympus - E-M1 ordering issues.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MichaelStringer
Forum MemberPosts: 86
Like?
Disappointed with Olympus - E-M1 ordering issues.
11 months ago

I'm quite a fan of Olympus cameras from the days of film but my experiences recently have been quite enlightening.

I pre-ordered the fantastic looking E-M1 on the Olympus UK online store on 5th October. Only 4 days ago, yet they immediately took payment from my account - actually I was paying by PayPal and they took all my PayPal balance (around £500) straight away and the rest from my bank account today (9th October). I rang them today and asked when the camera would be despatched - I assumed that since they had taken full payment the delivery would be imminent. No. In fact the camera will be dispatched in November.

I asked why the payment was taken even though the camera is weeks away from dispatch - answer... wait for it .... "it's more convenient for customers". I asked how, "errr just in case they want to cancel and then change their minds". Oh I see, I said, so that its more inconvenient for customers to cancel and therefore Olympus loses money? "Err yes".

Now I'm waiting for the refund so that I can buy their camera from someone that actually has it in stock. They stated that "demand was higher than expected" but how does that give them the right to take £1500 from me a month in advance of me receiving anything?

The moral is, "don't buy from Olympus directly". Secondary moral is, "assume incompetence unless proved otherwise"

-- hide signature --

---------------------------------------------
Regards,
Michael
http://www.michaelstringer.co.uk
http://www.michaelstringer.co.uk/blog/

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow