Started Oct 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,416Gear list
Like?
K3 Sample Photos... Why?
Oct 9, 2013

Why do camera companies always seem to put up bad samples for their brand new cameras?  they all seem to do it.... Canon, Nikon, Leica and Pentax seem to put up sample photos that are not from production models AND not taken by a photographer(s) who knows what he is doing.

They also love to put up low ISO shots instead of samples from each ISO setting.  I've never understood why they rush to put up photos that are less than flattering for the camera that is making its debut.

It's just not a smart thing to do.. and you can't tell me there were no qualified photographers to use the cameras and produce images that show the range of capabilities of each. Is it just that they are not thinking or that they have no clue?

The official Pentax samples are nothing to get excited over and let's face it.. specs will only carry the camera so far.  I'll date myself by saying: "Where's the beef?"

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow