Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MARGINAL
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
THE NEW SMUG MUG
10 months ago

From the amount of time it takes to get a reply from the "SmugMug Heros" is a sure sign they are deluged with questions about the change to the new SmugMug. In Dgrin there are a multitude of questions about making the transition from the legacy format to the new format.

I try to be a professional photographer, not a web site expert. My time was hijacked by my simply clicking on something to do with making the transition and there is no going back. I did not anticipate that there was not the appropriate support. The site says that Due to the overwhelming response and interest in New SmugMug, and for the first time in our company's history, our Support Heroes are not able to answer your questions within an hour. Our Heroes are working around the clock to help, but please allow 24 hours for a response.

I think they are totally unprepared for this transition. One example is the lack of a definitions library such as this on found on Garden Gnome/ Pano2vr : http://wiki.panotools.org/Glossary

I have been on this for three days now. If I had 10 questions it would take 10 days for the Support Heros to respond.

In the mean time I cannot provide my potential clients with a reasonable facsimile of a pros web site. If I change web sites I still will be in trouble because all are for me difficult and I am already with smugmug.

I wonder if a class action suit would wake them up?

What do you think?

MARGINAL's gear list:MARGINAL's gear list
Google Picasa
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow