Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 10,996Gear list
Like?
Unboxing Photos for OMD E-M1
10 months ago

I got the OMD E-M1 from my local camera store.  I pre-ordered on the day of its announcement.  Anyhow I am a old traditional type of guy so I took photos of the camera unboxing for my own record.  These photos just might help someone with the question of what comes in the box.

I took these photos of the un-boxing with my OMD E-M5 with the 60 Macro lens.

I got my wife's OMD E-M5 for a few comparison shots.  My wife's E-M5 is a lot newer and in a lot better shape than mine.

My cat was watching all this unboxing stuff.  So I just had to take the first photo from the camera of Charco the Cat.  It was taken with the 45/1.8 lens.

The E-M1 is very well boxed and the box is very eye catching with the slick black color.  Everything in the box was well packed.  The camera seems to be well built.

I did go out for most of the day yesterday to give the camera a spin.  My initial impression is that the image quality is basically the same as the E-M5, which means to mean that it is good enough.  The handling is a lot better than the E-M5.  The buttons are well space and large enough with a good feel.  The dials are really ncie to turn.  The 1/2 switch is a little tough for me to get my finger to.  I am guessing a few outings and it will not be a problem.  The on/off switch is just fine, but does take some getting use to.  All the direct control buttons are great.  One might never have to go into the SCP to make changes.    The shutter sounds a little better.  The EVF is GREAT!!!!.  The C-AF and C-AF with tracking seems to work ok with MFT lenses, which is something I could never say with the E-M5.  The E-M1 just seems to be a lot better camera in nearly every way than the E-M5.

Anyhow, I got a few hundred photos from yesterday to work through and I will post a few in a day or two.  With some my of my user opinions.  So far my initial opinion is that the E-M1 is a nice upgrade to my E-M5 and I am glad to have brought one. This from someone that don't own any FT lenses.  My E-M5 will become my back-up and second camera.

Dave

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +25 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow