Obama makes an offer to negotiate but Bonehead refuses...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
vadimraskin
Senior MemberPosts: 3,545Gear list
Like?
Re: Obama makes an offer to negotiate but Bonehead refuses...
In reply to Brian, 11 months ago

Brian wrote:

vadimraskin wrote:

Brian wrote:

vadimraskin wrote:

Brian wrote:

Looks like BO offered talks after the GOP opens the Government and agrees to SHORT-TERM debt ceiling increase. his offer even allows to set a mechanism for future debt extensions. What does Bonehead do? No guesses here: refuges again. He is now the even deeper sht than before. I hope everyone sees the GOP tactwhey your what they really are: pure extortion and hostage-taking. The hostage in this case is the whole country!

Just because BO opens his mouth does not mean he is willing to negotiate. What he is willing to offer only helps him.
--
Brian

How? And since when is America in Civil war? I thought we are supposed to be working together to improve the country, not score political victories.

civil war? don't know anything about a civil war. I do know a piece of law that was written by Democrats for Democrats, but affects all Americans.

I have dozens of friends who's health care cost are dramatically increasing next year. I only know a couple that have even looked into BO care.

How is this any better than the system we have? It isn't. It isn't a step in the right direction either. The right on the other hand has had their opportunities to fix this, but they haven't so they are just as bad.

-- hide signature --

Brian

My healthcare cost has actually decreased for the first time in 15 years. Not by much but it did. In the last ten years it went up some 50% even before ACA was even introduced. What are you talking about? the healthcare burden was killing businesses everywhere because medical costs dramatically increased. Why do you think Obama started this movement to begin with? Contrary to the claims of right nuts, the absolute majority of the un-insured people are living in the GOP controlled states (Texas is the worst one). These people are driving the cost up and up by a) going to ER for a simple procedures and not paying the bill, b) skipping routine preventive medical care because they can't afford a visit to the doctor and getting skier and sicker and finally costing the Government thousands of their care because they, again, can't afford the hospital bills and end up on the Emergency Medicaid, c)Hospitals had to raise prices to cover unpaid invoices.

The Law isn't perfect (no such thing will ever exist) but it tries to address the root of the problem by expanding the pool of the people covers by insurance and allowing insurance companies to level the cost of the healthcare versus income coming in.

You are one of the few whose did. Mine went down last year only because I changed jobs.. It went up again for next year.

it went up not because of ACA, it went up because of the uncontrolled raise in medical costs and shrinking number of payers of the premium vs. consumers of the benefits. Simple mathematics, really. It has been going up for the last decade or so as the Baby-boomers started to get older and sicker and ever increasing number of younger workers going without health insurance for a variety of reasons (Loss of manufacturing jobs and creation of many service level, low paying jobs instead is one of them)

Contrary to what claims??? The right never claimed the poor didn't live in the red states.

i am not talking about poor people; most of them are covered by the Government insurance anyway. I am talking about working people who aren't eligible for the Medicaid due to income but don't have any employee sponsored health care because they happened to work for a small business or own a business or whatever. These people are  are the group in question. They need to buy insurance and the only way to make them do it is to mandate it. I know it hurts but this is the only way they would do anything about it before it becomes too late and they become consumers of the health care without the benefit of paying into the system for some time. Again, simple mathematics.

As far as killing business go..... Why have so many businesses changed their business model and went primarily with part time workers? Because BO care would bankrupt them. Those businesses that don't have that option have increased premium costs or decreased benefits.

Most of the small businesses (less than 50 employees) are not subject of the requirement anyway. I don't have a statistics about average size of the small business but if I have to guess I would say that most of them have less than fifty workers. Those businesses that chose to change the status of their workers to part time just to avoid paying health care insurance cost are deplorable and will get their punishment in form of decreased profits, increased employee turn over and reduced customer satisfaction.

I agree the poor need to be taken care of, but BO care hurts a lot more than it helps.

the law hasn't really started working yet but it is already doomed by many as failed. Would you brand a new camera that has just been announced by Canon as failed BEFORE trying it for some time just because Nikon said it was bad? I doubt it.

-- hide signature --

Brian

vadimraskin's gear list:vadimraskin's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow