Obama makes an offer to negotiate but Bonehead refuses...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,847
Like?
Re: Obama makes an offer to negotiate but Bonehead refuses...
In reply to Allochka Emiliana, 10 months ago

Allochka Emiliana wrote:

vadimraskin wrote:

Looks like BO offered talks after the GOP opens the Government and agrees to SHORT-TERM debt ceiling increase. his offer even allows to set a mechanism for future debt extensions. What does Bonehead do? No guesses here: refuges again. He is now the even deeper sht than before. I hope everyone sees the GOP tactwhey your what they really are: pure extortion and hostage-taking. The hostage in this case is the whole country!

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government can’t pay its own bills. ... I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”

— Sen. Barack Obama, floor speech in the Senate, March 16, 2006

"The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents — #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic."

-- hide signature --

July 3, 2008, presidential candidate Barack Obama

Yeah, if only he didn't have to put up with the treasonous Republican opposition he has had he might be able to turn it around.  Besides most of the Chinese debt was uncured during the Bush administration.  Wow, Republicans just muddy up the carpet and blame the next occupants don't they.  Seems to be working.  (Well, for the Republican devotees anyway.)

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow