the cost of the ACA

Started Oct 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
rwbaron
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,468Gear list
Like?
The misinformation machine at work
In reply to Walking Dead, Oct 9, 2013

Walking Dead wrote:

Here's a story that the New Yorker did about another story Jim Angle did regarding Obamacare. Mr. Angle was not fully truthful in the story-

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2013/10/why-obamacare-might-help-the-man-on-fox.html

-- hide signature --

Defender of Truth, Justice, and the American Way

An excellent article that helps to cut through the cr@p, fear and misunderstanding about the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare for those that don't know they're one in the same).

Seeking knowledge, understanding and truth is what's needed but unfortunately the spin doctors are out in full force to work their personal agenda if for nothing more than to muddy the waters.

Change is intimidating, even scary to most of us and the fear mongers are working that angle as best they can. Human nature is to leave things as they are because even though they may be dysfunctional we are comfortable with the dysfunction. But change can be good and it's many times necessary to improve our lives and the communities in which we live.

In my 60 years I've learned that many times in the past when I felt so sure about something I later found that I was completely wrong because my understanding was based on false beliefs and misinformation and I simply didn't take the time to properly research the facts.

The fault I see with the ACA is the administration did not do a good job of educating the people but that does not mean the program will not be beneficial for us overall.

Bob

rwbaron's gear list:rwbaron's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow