Started Oct 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Riquez
Contributing MemberPosts: 703Gear list
Like?
End of NEX APS-C, all FF from now on?
Oct 9, 2013

The latest SAR post claims to clear up some confusion about various camera names being swung about for the past 6 months or so.

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/ilce-and-ilca-the-complete-name-confusion-roundup/#comments

What it boils down to is that there is no Nex7 as most people expected, but instead it will be a FF Nex7 - A7 & A7r. These camera will still accept current e-mount lenses in crop mode, & there will be new e-mount FF lenses.

It suggests that this is the end for the current APS-C NEX & from now on everything will be FF.

Whether that turns out to be true or not, what interests me the most is how my current e-mounts would perform on the new FF's. What I am not clear about is if the lens is in crop mode & the sensor is 24mp, what does that mean for the resulting image?

Riquez's gear list:Riquez's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +10 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow