updated lens roadmap...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Barry Pearson
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,593Gear list
Like?
Re: On the Ltd zoom and the long zoom....
In reply to Rod McD, 11 months ago

Rod McD wrote:

Hi Barry,

Thanks. You're dead right - don't know how I missed that. That having been said, I still can't see why they'd produce another 18-35-ish zoom lens and compete with the Sigma Art 18-35/1.8. The Limiteds have all been primes so far, and small and high grade is the general sense in which they're seen by Pentax owners. I'm not sure that a Limited zoom makes a lot of sense. And would it be APSC or FF when they're considering the development of an FF camera?

That has been puzzling me for a long time. Unless there is something very special about that "DA Zoom Limited", it doesn't appear to have a clear purpose. Sigma came out with something very special, and credit to them.

It would seem better to me (a mere enthusiast not running a camera manufacturing company) that it would be better to turn priorities toward lenses we really need : the TC, the WA zoom, a good DA* (not DA) zoom out to 400mm, and a suite of FF lenses if they are indeed heading in that direction.

I'll buy that! (Both the principle, and also some of the items, especially the TC).

Barry Pearson's gear list:Barry Pearson's gear list
Pentax K-7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-5 IIs +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow