Started Oct 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
garyknrd
Contributing MemberPosts: 652Gear list
Like?
Re: Measurebators vs photographers
In reply to altair8800, Oct 9, 2013

altair8800 wrote:

garyknrd wrote:

I am pretty excited about it actually. I have Canon and Sigma super telephoto lenses. Sigma in the Pentax mount. I gave up on the 7D II and got a 1D mark IV. It is a very good camera. I would of never bought Canon if the Pentax K-5 had not been such a dog in AF. The 7D is very poor and it ran circles around the K-5 no compassion. The Mark IV AF runs circles around the 7D. If????? the Af on the new K-3 is better than the 7D then I am in big time.

It looks good in a lot of respects, but this from DPR preview:

"Shooting with the K-3 is a pleasure, especially with the larger optical viewfinder. Camera performance is generally very snappy, though we were hoping that the new AF system would be faster."

All this talk is EXACTLY what went on when the original K-5 hit. (spec sheet).

Best just to laugh about it and go on. Time will tell. When the camera is out a few months and gets in the hands of some competent photographers. That's when I will make up my mind.

Presently living in Asia

garyknrd's gear list:garyknrd's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Pentax K-3 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Sigma 500mm F4.5 EX DG HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow