updated lens roadmap...

Started Oct 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,593Gear list
Like?
Re: On the Ltd zoom and the long zoom....
In reply to JustDavid, Oct 9, 2013

Hi,

The Ltd zoom has disappeared. (Perhaps it did that earlier than this road map? I'm not sure.) In any case, I couldn't see them making something to compete with the likes of the Sigma Art 18-35/1.8.

The long zoom looks like a 135 - 370-ish design on the road map. I would prefer to see them make a high grade zoom out to the full 400/5.6.  I'd like it to be a DA*250 - 400/4-5.6 to start from the end of the DA*60-250, (rather than the 135mm start) and priced accordingly. The shorter the zoom range the better they typically are, and I'd argue for WR construction because teles are usually used outdoors (whether it's for sport or wildlife).  Now that the HD 55-300 is out in WR construction, it would look rather pointless and sub standard to have the longer lens out in non-WR construction.

My $0.02c worth.

Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow