EM-1 versus the Canon 5D Mark III

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Ulric
Senior MemberPosts: 2,582Gear list
Like?
Re: EM-1 versus the Canon 5D Mark III
In reply to sdribetahi, 10 months ago

Good little write up. The thing that keeps me away from m4/3 is every time I see a write up, the author always has the caveat that, "this (fill in the blank) shortcoming doesn't bother me due to what I shoot". Unfortunately, the author never seems to shoot what I shoot. I shoot moving objects, close, in low light often, and I do like shallow dof. All of these are never what anyone that owns an m4/3 and has a blog ever shoots. You get street, landscapes and sleeping turtles in perfect light.

I really like the size, weight and feature set though and wish there wasn't always a limiting caveat. It looks like a great camera, just wish it was a great camera for me.

I do believe that an E-M1 (or any M43 camera) with the right lens would be perfectly capable of a close-up of a MOVING turtle with nothing but a single eyelash in focus.

Do turtles have eyelashes?

Ulric's gear list:Ulric's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow