This just reiterates why I'm so happy I moved to Canon!

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Jason Rickerby
Contributing MemberPosts: 712
Like?
Canon has supports their customers after the sale. Nikon... not really.
In reply to Schwany, 11 months ago

Schwany wrote:

Consumer cameras don't get the same kind of attention as flagship pro models anyway, so I'm not surprised Nikon hasn't admitted to any issues. People said the 5DMkII couldn't focus in dark venues or with any other AF point but the center, and Canon didn't issue a service advisory. Consumer models need to have real issues before a company is going to admit to anything.

Anyway, don't worry, be happy.

The bottom line is Canon does appear to be concerned with customer satisfaction after the sale, while Nikon not so much. Of the five Canon service notices below, only one of them looks like a hardware QA problem - and Canon acknowledges and fixes it.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_5d_mark_iii?pageKeyCode=43

A friend of mine is a Nikon shooter with a D700 and D800. There's been several occasions where a rental body is needed, as both Nikon bodies are down. Nikon service seems like it could be a lot better. (The D800 has the left focusing issue and has been in multiple times.)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
sameNew
D610New
HahaNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow