EM-1 versus the Canon 5D Mark III

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,706Gear list
Like?
Re: EM-1 versus the Canon 5D Mark III
In reply to johnvr1, 10 months ago

I don't own EM1 but I had owned Canon 5DM3 and an array of L lenses and shot over 15,000 shots with 5DM3.   It is a remarkable camera in terms of image quality and predictable results.   I also find the Canon Lenses remarkable and the fastest focusing lenses around.    I ultimately switched from Canon to Nikon due to the fact the ergonomics of Nikon feel more natural to me than Canon's (after years with Canon I still have to think which button to press for what, with Nikon it just all seems logically placed to me).

I also own both Fuji X and m43 gear and enjoy using it, but I won't get rid of my Full Frame DSLR gear anytime soon.     Well, unless the new Sony Full Frame Mirrorless all of the sudden finds way to have instant and reliable autofocus and features a lineup of small bright lenses.

Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow