Regular MemberPosts: 360
Like?
Re: Shock vs. shake
In reply to Anders W, Oct 9, 2013

Anders W wrote:

tsammyc wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Andy Westlake wrote:

The key point I'd really like to make, though, is that the specific shake issue we see with the E-P5 is not something we see in normal shooting with the E-M5. The two cameras behave differently, so whatever you've learned about the E-M5 may not apply.

I realize that this is your key point but wouldn't be so sure that you are right. While I certainly can't know for sure at this stage, my guess is that you will in the end find the root cause to be the same (shutter shock) although it may well manifest itself in slightly different ways.

If the two of you can't even agree on the definition of shutter shock, there will never be anyone who is "right" in the other's eyes.

Perhaps correct. So what?

At present I don't even see that the premise of your conditional statement (that we disagree about the definition) is met.

Perhaps it's me reading this too simply, but Andy says its internal vibrations like mirror slap, you say its not.

Anyway, I just hope that by replying so aggressively, you haven't chased him away from what was becoming a very interesting discussion. So that you know, I've always appreciated both your contributions and Andy's.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow