Some republicans feel that defaulting won't be that bad

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 43,607Gear list
Like?
Re: Romney Care REDUCES the deficit
In reply to rb59020, 9 months ago

rb59020 wrote:

I didn't know that Social Security was the subject. The only paragraph in the entire story that I care about is this:

This calculation has sparked some dissent. The Congressional Budget Office, the nonpartisan analytical arm of Congress, has calculated the gross cost of Obamacare’s coverage provisions at approximately $1.8 trillion over the same 10-year period. These costs include spending on increased payments for Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program, subsidies for insurance purchased on the newly created marketplaces, and tax credits for small businesses. (The CBO figure would be $1.2 trillion if you exclude Medicaid and CHIP on the theory that they’re expansions of existing entitlements, rather than new entitlements.)

I repeat:

The Congressional Budget Office, the nonpartisan analytical arm of Congress, has calculated the gross cost of Obamacare’s coverage provisions at approximately $1.8 trillion over the same 10-year period.

I can link it again if you want.

Unlike you I read the entire link. The cost of Romney Care will be 1.8 Trillion. Just as the cost of Social Security will be 11 trillion.

And?

What that number represents is the total amount of money that will be spent on Romney Care, NOT what the government will LOSE on Romney Care. In fact the CBO states that the government will lose 100 Billion Dollars Without Romney Care.

Now I'm not going to repost the link I provided to the CBO's conclusions. You wish to ignore them and repeat over and over and over the same BS?

Knock yourself out...

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow