Started Oct 7, 2013 | Questions thread
HB1969
Regular MemberPosts: 346Gear list
Like?
Re: Why so little fanfare for the X-A1?
In reply to CAcreeks, Oct 9, 2013

CAcreeks wrote:

HB1969 wrote:

That's exactly right. I bought the 300D (the first of the xxxD models). It was under $2000 (a bargin in the early days of consumer dSLRs); it's sensor was identical to the 10D except that some of the firmware features were crippled. Canon's philosophy was to offer a number of camera's at different price points to appeal to anyones budget. Fuji is doing the same thing except that nothing is "crippled" or left out of the firmware of the budget models compared to the higher end models.

Do you think in-camera panorama stitching, available on the X-P1 and X-E1, but not on the X-M1 and X-A1, was intentionally removed to "cripple" the low-end models?

Wow, 10D goes way back.

At first I thought you meant the D10, a classic waterproof camera. Interesting that the 10D is totally forgotten in the mists of history, but the D10 lives on.

Are you saying I'm old

Didn't know that the X-M1 and X-A1 didn't have panorama stiching so I guess I'll have to retract my comment about fuji not leaving anything out in the lower end models.

As for the Canon 10D/300D- There was a hack for the 300D to unlock all the crippled features but I was never game to try it. If panorama stitching is mearly disabled on the lower end fuji models, someone may come up with a similar hack but my guess would be that it's not in the firmware.

HB1969's gear list:HB1969's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow