EM-1 versus the Canon 5D Mark III

Started Oct 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Timur Born
Senior MemberPosts: 3,894
Like?
Re: EM-1 versus the Canon 5D Mark III
In reply to sdribetahi, Oct 9, 2013

sdribetahi wrote:

Good little write up. The thing that keeps me away from m4/3 is every time I see a write up, the author always has the caveat that, "this (fill in the blank) shortcoming doesn't bother me due to what I shoot". Unfortunately, the author never seems to shoot what I shoot. I shoot moving objects, close, in low light often, and I do like shallow dof. All of these are never what anyone that owns an m4/3 and has a blog ever shoots. You get street, landscapes and sleeping turtles in perfect light.

I really like the size, weight and feature set though and wish there wasn't always a limiting caveat. It looks like a great camera, just wish it was a great camera for me.

Not a blog, but I am also looking at the E-M1 as a camera for shooting fast lenses indoor with subjects moving (mostly towards me) at ranges below 4 meters. Still waiting for preorders to arrive, but I went to three Olympus events and just today tested AF-C + 45/1.8 in several different ways.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52295196

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow