Started Oct 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DarylK
Senior MemberPosts: 1,602Gear list
Like?
Nearly Opposite Reactions to the Latest News - Nikon vs Pentax
Oct 8, 2013

I just spent a fair amount of time reviewing (you could call it snooping ) many of the comments posted here at DPR's News page related to the Nikon D610 (looks like a great camera to me) and the Pentax K-3 press releases and "First Impressions".

There is an amazing/surprising amount of negativity, even anger, over on the Nikon side - and by what appear to be mainly Nikon users.  I didn't realize that the D600 was such a disaster (at least based on the reactions of those posting there).  An example of what can happen if quality and/or customer service are found lacking.

In contrast, the Pentax comments are for the most part very positive.  Of course there are a number of "bashers" coming in from who knows where who are afraid that Pentax may have a winner that will out-compete their favorite brand.  In general, the comments by what would seem to be a good mix of Pentax users, former Pentax users, prospective Pentax users and many others, appear to be mostly upbeat.  I guess the old QC and SDM failure issues that used to have a lot of Pentaxians riled up are on a low simmer...let's hope that the new releases don't disappoint in terms of QC/reliability and support - time will tell.

Anyway, it is interesting to compare and contrast the two sets of responses.

Regards,

Daryl

-- hide signature --

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Great photography is largely a matter of perspective, both visually and mentally - Daryl Kottwitz (but probably said before )
My gallery: http://darylkottwitzphoto.smugmug.com
My shots on PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/darylkottwitz

DarylK's gear list:DarylK's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED (IF) Fisheye +6 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D610 Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow