Fuji X vs M43 weight and size comparison

Started Oct 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
CAcreeks
Senior MemberPosts: 6,518
Like?
Re: valid critique of Olympus colors?
In reply to marvin t martian, Oct 8, 2013

marvin t martian wrote:

Olympus auto white balance (AWB) often seems too yellow, especially in non-daylight conditions.

In fairness to Olympus -- did you turn off the 'keep warm' option? For whatever reason, out-of-the-box Olympus cameras are set to use overly warm WB under incandescent lighting.

I doubt my friend did this. Thanks, news to me.

For me, the fatal flaws with the E-PL5 are shutter shock and the dysfunctional IBIS. Usability issues can be worked around, but IQ flaws are a different matter entirely.

I missed reports of dysfunctional IBIS - I will have to research this.

The E-PL5's CDAF is still vastly superior to CDAF on the X-series platform, however. Fuji should be embarrassed that even bottom of the market m43 cameras have better AF than their high-end products.

Right, and a recent Fuji P&S model, the F900EXR, is even faster than M43 autofocus. It has on-chip PDAF.

According to I-R.com performance testing, the X-E1 (latest model reviewed) takes .438 second to autofocus, versus .221 second for the E-PL5 (both single-area with kit zoom).

The 16-50 lens seems to focus a bit faster. DPR's X-M1 review says .3 second at wide angle, .6 second at telephoto.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow