Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
bowportes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,397Gear list
Like?
Re: valid critique of Olympus colors?
In reply to CAcreeks, 10 months ago

CAcreeks wrote:

bowportes wrote:

Frankly, I didn't care for the over-saturated, warmish slant of Olympus colors.... Actually preferred the Panasonic colors, which seemed more natural OOC to me. Just a personal preference. But Panny too often blew highlights. I don't have that issue with the Fuji cameras.

Olympus auto white balance (AWB) often seems too yellow for me, especially in non-daylight conditions. Is this similar to what you are saying? Also reds are oversaturated, often with blown channel in the JPEG. But blue sky and green foliage are always nicely rendered. I do not share you enthusiasm for Panasonic JPEG colors.

I also thought the LCD on the EPL5 was absurdly small. A corner of the LCD screen cracked in my camera bag. Just didn't have a good experience with Olympus... I found the G-series Panny cameras much more enjoyable to shoot with. Still own the G5.

Yes, the EPL5 is flawed for that reason (stupid aspect ratio and low resolution LCD) and many others. Wow, a corner of the LCD cracked, that is bad.

Panasonic G/GF/GX models look great, feel great, have great feature sets, etc. Too bad they don't produce Fuji-like results.

I always shot RAW with Pannies and could get very nice results/colors/detail that way.  But Fuji gives me even better results, often without post-processing.

bowportes's gear list:bowportes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow