E-P5 and "shtter Shock"

Started Oct 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 19,026Gear list
Like?
Re: E-P5 and "shtter Shock"
In reply to Simon Cowell, Oct 8, 2013

Simon Cowell wrote:

Certainly these are all interesting ideas, but how do we know that it is indeed possible to conduct tests for shutter shock with normal photographic apparatus?

I mean, we know that IBIS is designed to counteract human shake (which must be of low frequency) but shutter shock may be due to vibrations in specific (higher) frequency range produced by the shutter at speeds 1/80 to 1/200. Exact tests to find the root cause may only be feasible with specialized equipment in a company (Olympus?) laboratory

Why wouldn't it be possible to test the things I reported on in my previous post? I have tested them so I know it is possible with normal photographic apparatus. You choose a suitable target (one which easily reveals the slightest blur), shoot a fairly large number of images at each setting (since the problem is probabilistic and varies on a shot-to-shot basis), vary the settings (with regard to for example IBIS on and IBIS off), and check the average outcome with regard to sharpness.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow