Finally time to send the D600 in for a shutter replacement?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rudyr
Regular MemberPosts: 335
Like?
Finally time to send the D600 in for a shutter replacement?
10 months ago

I don't typically shoot f/16 or smaller so I haven't encountered any issues in my shots. For the sake of checking, I did a sky shot and noticed some faint'ish spots that resemble oil vs. normal dust. It's nothing major, not surprising, and certainly not something I couldn't clean off myself.

However, with the D610 so openly pushing a new shutter mechanism, is it almost certain if you send a D600 in for sensor oil that it's going to be replaced with the revised mechanism from the D610? I'm aware the other D610 revisions that offer higher FPS, white balance, etc. are all software based, and I'm not expected a '610' essentially in return.  Mostly just wondering if D600 repairs would likely be w/ a D600 specific part that will continue to generate oil, or if Nikon utilizes the supposedly fixed/revised D610 part.

I still have warranty and other cameras I can shoot, so sending it in wouldn't be a big deal. Just curious if folks w/ more Nikon service center experience on this issue saw anything on the work order that suggests the shutter replacement part is a distinctly new part # vs. the old.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow