D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
On Denial.
In reply to Alan Brown, 10 months ago

Alan Brown wrote:

MarkJH wrote:

Alan Brown wrote:

MarkJH wrote:

You know as well as I, there are plenty of users, on this and other fora, cleaning sensors regularly without the catastrophy you imply.

I don't know that. I don't know that at all.

You really think that all of the pros on this forum who say that they clean their sensors before an important shoot, do not clean really do it.. they are just lying...?

Here's what I don't know:

(1) that all the people who say that they're "pros" on this an other fora are actually "pros."

(2) that being a self-identified "pro" on an internet forum qualifies one to know more than the manufacturer about a given topic.

(3) that none of the people "who say that they clean their sensors before an important shoot" ever damage their equipment in the process of doing so.

I don't think that "they are just lying."  I think that there's no way to know what they're actually doing or who they are, or how successful they are at doing it, either in the short term or the long term.

So, what am I in denial of?  Because denial, Alan Brown, sounds, to me, like pretending that one does or can know

(1) that all the people who say that they're "pros" on internet fora actually are;

(2) that being a self identified "pro" means that someone knows more than the equipment manufacturer about a given topic on the equipment; and

(3) that all the people "who say that they clean their sensors before an important shoot" do so successfully, without issue.

Denial?  You're the one who's suggesting clear, specific instruction ("under no circumstances") should be disregarded in favor of advice from a bunch of self-identifying people you don't know and won't ever meet--people whose photographic product you'll never see.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow