D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Nikonfan99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?
Re: I think you're in denial and run out of ideas..
In reply to Alan Brown, 11 months ago

Yes we are all lying. I hope Nicholas from copper hill images jumps in and lets him know that I buy supplies from him. Maybe he can email nicholas and get over his fear about how to clean the sensor correctly.

It is not rocket science, not dangerous if you do it the way you are told to and actually a lot less time consuming compared to stalking the d600 forum when you dont own one and posting about a race you dont have a dog in.

Most working professionals that I have met know how to clean a sensor and do it regularly when they cant ship off gear for a week or more at time. My spouse that ran a portrait studio was cleaning camera sensors in the original canon digital release days and it was a requirement for the staff to be trained in how to do it. Perhaps some research on the copper hill images would help get him over the danger.

Much like honda tells you to leave all service to a professional, they also know some people can change oil themselves. It is called covering your own butt as a manufacturer.

They also dont do it for free forever do they? Nikon makes a profit from providing the service.

Sensors get dirty. some more some less. Companies like photographic solutions even warranty that the product will not damage a sensor if you follow the process.

http://photosol.com/our-guarantee/

We don't have mass reports of damaged AA filters after a cleaning do we? I for one learned the skill and dont see DANGER!

Some options are:

-Sell your D600 at a $700-$1000 loss because of dust.

-Pay nikon or a shop for every cleaning.

-Keep shipping nikon your d600 and have them take it apart and replace the shutter over and over.

-Clean the sensor responsibly as needed and in the very rare case that you damage your AA filter, it costs $650 to have it replaced.

Again not sure why for someone that currently does not own a D600, he is so involved with every negative nikon bashing thread?

Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow