Whats the best cheap lens for landscape?

Started Oct 8, 2013 | Questions thread
Mr 3
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: Whats the best cheap lens for landscape?
In reply to iTrax, Oct 8, 2013

iTrax wrote:

Mr 3 wrote:

I was gonna get a K5 II and a Sigma 10-20mm F4.5-6 EX DC for just under £1000 but with the new K3 out soon im thinking of waiting and have it as a more long term 8-10 years investment....hopefully! whats a good cheap lens for landscape photography? I really liking the spec of the K3 and whilst im not as good and most of you guys im doing ok. Ill eventually use it for F1 with a Sigma 500mm lens so think long term better off compromising on the lens to start with

did you consider K-30, I actually use it much more than my K5 ( do not have K-5II) and yes, seriously looking into K-3

yes old Sigma non HSM 10-20 very good , use it & love it

Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 MACRO great lens, non HSM , love it, my main workhorse , plenty of them around used, under AU$200

Sigma 17-70 2.8-4 MACRO 'C' HSM new model, absolute marvel!, it will be my new workhorse,

considering now Sigma 8-16, apparently great, never used one, ~AU$628

Cheers the K30 was on my radar but i was advised that the K5II is better for Motorsport? If the K30 comes done below £300 price it's in my house today! then i could get the Sigma 10-20mm the F3,5 version.

The Sigma 8-16mm was on my list cos i love wide angle but i keep thinking would i use anything below 10mm? im not sure but then again never had anything that small in focal.

Would you say the K30 is good for Motorsport?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow