Nikon FF lineup - what Nikon shooters really want?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
rhlpetrus
Forum ProPosts: 22,911Gear list
Like?
Re: D4 sensor in a D800 body
In reply to Rexgig0, 9 months ago

Rexgig0 wrote:

I would like to see a D800 body wrapped around a D4 sensor, with a somewhat faster frame rate than the current D800. This would prompt me to spend money on a Nikon DSLR in 2014. I would like to own this action-shooting D800 variant, plus a D800E for landscapes and seascapes.

Yes, I will, probably, buy a D800E, anyway, but I am in less of a hurry to buy a 36MP landscape/seascape DSLR.

Secondly, a refresh of the Coolpix A would be nice, if it could be made a bit more "professional" in its operation, such as full capability with Speedlights and the SU800, so that the SB- or SU-unit in the flash shoe can command off-camera Speedlights, and/or the pop-up flash could act as a Commander. Oh, and the "Coolpix" label should not be applied to this pro-oriented camera.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, with 10-22mm and 100mm Macro L lenses, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action.

Nikon is missing a market they created with the D700, and which Canon just grabbed with the 5D3. They are doing the same with the D300's line, no successor there either. Something is really wrong with Nikon recently, their pursuit of selling as many dslrs as Canon is leading them astray and making them lose much of their original support. They still make great cameras, the D800E and the D600 are excellent, albeit the flaws, but they need to concentrate on what most people that need good bodies are looking for. I think Canon has now a more balanced line-up body/pixel-wise, but their sensors are not yet up to Nikon/Sony levels.

-- hide signature --

Renato.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/
OnExposure member
http://www.onexposure.net/
Good shooting and good luck
(after Ed Murrow)

rhlpetrus's gear list:rhlpetrus's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow