ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,104Gear list
Like?
G1X - a few from a kayak trip to The Coorong Nat Pk
9 months ago

Hi,

We had a long weekend here in South Australia and a friend and I took our kayaks to the Coorong National Park for the three days.  The Coorong is a long narrow waterway that sits behind coastal dunes fronting the Southern Ocean, south east of the mouth of the River Murray.  It's well known for its fishing and bird life in particular, but I decided against bringing my DSLR and long lens, and opted for a trip with only the G1X in a small waterproof case to keep it simple.  We enjoyed the time there, but it was less than ideal in some ways - the winds made kayaking hard work and the clouds of mosquitos were aggressive and difficult to endure.

The shots are jpegs SOOC (with some minor cropping and straightening of horizons).  The close up shots were taken at the extremity of the G1X focus range, but no close up attachment lens - I forgot to take it.  Any CC welcome.

Cheers, Rod

Beached for lunch.  A rare shot of the author ........

The beach on the Southern Ocean side.  Almost entirely composed of crushed cockle shells.

The sandhills are home to an enormous variety of animal, bird and plant life.

And reptiles.....  this is a Shingleback Skink, aka Sleepy Lizard, Stumpy-Tailed Lizard.  To give some scale, he's about 25cm/10" long.

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-T1
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow