Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,102Gear list
Like?
Re: Shock vs. shake
In reply to Andy Westlake, 10 months ago

Andy Westlake wrote:

Anders W wrote:

I have done comparative testing with a very long FL (Pany 100-300 at the long end E-M5)

This is great, but I can't help but notice you're talking about the E-M5 - a camera I know very well, as I own one and use it for much of my personal photography. The shake problem that we've seen shooting hand-held with the E-P5 does not show up with the E-M5, in side-by-side controlled testing.

1. Exactly what side-by-side controlled testing have you done with the E-P5 versus the E-M5?

2. The comment of mine that you (partly) quote was not intended to question the difference between the E-P5 and the E-M5 that you claim to have found. I simply described a test that I thought relevant with regard to your exchange with tt321.

3. Not knowing more about your testing than I do at the current stage, I don't think the fact that you observe certain differences of behavior beween the E-P5 and the E-M5 rules out the possibility that it is nevertheless essentially the same phenomenon (shutter shock) that we are dealing with. None of the tests I have seen you report so far is conclusive in that regard. See, e.g., my other replies to you in this thread for details.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow